CIE Biology Paper-5: Specimen Questions 19 - 20 of 62
Question number: 19
Write in Short
In given figure there are one banana plant and a Bryophyllum leaf. Write the similarity between both plants related to their method of reproduction process.
- There is no need of male and female cells in both type of plants
- Asexual reproduction process occur
- Both can reproduce from parts of plant
- Both plants can reproduce by vegetative propagation
- There is no need of pollination or fertilization process
Question number: 20
Describe in Detail
Figure shows a cross section of a squash stem showing different parts. Label them. What is role of part A and C?
Part A, is phloem, which transports organic compounds from the site of photosynthesis to other parts of the plant. Part C is Xylem tissue transports water and nutrients from the roots to different parts of the plant.